The most important part of writing an essay is knowing the topic. Although it isn’t always a good question to find the most interesting subject, you can use filters when you start your research for essay topics. It becomes clear from extensive writing experience that varying subject matter is more suited to different types of sentences or categories of essays, so you must choose your points of discussion first.
Tips for choosing the Best Topics
It doesn’t matter the subject of your writing. If your essay is weak, it will not be possible to achieve your goals. I like topics and I love them. It can be torture to write an essay without knowing the topic. Having your work published can be a breeze.
Another consideration in the selection of your essay topics is your audience. If your audiences don’t know enough about a topic, consider leaving the technical and specific subject out if possible. Choose another exciting thing.
Choose a topic that you are interested in! The research process is more relevant if you care about your issue.
Narrow your topic to something reasonable.
If your topic is too wide, you will discover too much information and not be able to focus.
Background reading might assist you choose and limit the breadth of your topic.
Review the guidelines for topic choices stated in your assignment. Ask your professor or TA for suggestions.
Refer to lecture notes and required texts to refresh your knowledge of the course and assignment.
Talk about research ideas with a pal. S/he may be able to help narrow your topic by discussing topics that didn’t come to you at first.
Think of the who, what, when, where and why questions:
- WHY did you chose the topic? What fascinates you about it? Do you have an opinion about the problems involved?
- WHO are the information sources on this topic? Who might disseminate information about it? Who is influenced by the topic? Do you know of organizations or institutions related with the topic?
- WHAT are the primary questions for this topic? Is there a discussion regarding the topic? Are there a range of issues and opinions to consider?
- WHERE is your topic important: at the local, national or international level? Are there specific places affected by the topic?
- WHEN is/was your topic important? Is it a recent event or a historical issue? Do you wish to compare your topic by time periods?
English Essay Topics
The following list includes more than 150 topics that should start you writing an English essay. The topic list is divided by questions and can be used in writing the essay title.
- Does urging someone lose weight constitute body shaming?
- It’s time to raise the legal drinking age.
- Churches need to be taxed as well.
- Eating French fries without ketchup is illegal.
- Should college students be required to take physical education classes?
- A child’s gender identity is established when they are young.
- Which is better, a burger, a tasty sandwich, or a hot dog?
- Everyone should have access to free education.
- Illegal immigrants should not be thrown to jail.
- Junk food is the main cause of obesity in the US.
Interesting Essay Topics to Ensure A Better Grade
Writing an interesting essay is not an easy job. Is this incredibly hard when the professor is trying to find the right thing for a given assignment? There have been numerous types of essays written and all professors have their own specific standards. You might be feeling overwhelmed or confused by all the choices that professors are offering you to choose from.
With an assortment of topics for every assignment, there’ll be a suitable solution. Here is a list of interesting essay topics for any writing project. Our range of creative solutions covers every topic from fresh ideas to traditional questions.
- Why are movies preferable to books?
- Why I enjoy receiving spam emails
- Why is it vital to pass your driving test?
- Why should you wear a mask even after COVID-19 is over?
- The explanations for why Starbucks tastes so nice
- What would the world be like if animals were in charge?
- Why should you drink before an exam?
- How your gaming talents can help you get a career
- What if professors and students switched roles?
- Clowns are not as frightening as you may believe.
- How defying your parents can help you succeed
- What if we experienced the world through dogs’ eyes?
- What difference will flying automobiles make in our lives?
- What is the worst film ever made?
- Why setting fire to your school is not an option
- Reasons I despise country music
- The best students are those who never attend class.
- Why does your laundry refuse to do itself?
- The most successful are school dropouts.
- The best guests are those who arrive already full.
Narrative Essay Topics
You have a personal story to tell that you are going to write. Creative forms of work depend on the strong topics for essay that they offer. The articles for the readers presented here are well selected and should be useful.
Creating interesting and engaging narrative essays is important to make them interesting to their audience and to readers. Please see the Narrative Essay Topics below.
- You will never forget your teacher.
- Discuss anything that scared you a much.
- How culture evolves in response to environmental factors
- Your most memorable family vacation
- A humorous incident that occurred to you
- Unusual family customs
- Your most joyous Christmas
- Your favorite holiday and how it is observed in your culture
- A tale from your youth
- When you met pals in an unusual setting
- Your first day of school at a new school
- Your cultural background
- When you were ashamed because you didn’t understand a certain component of a group of people’s culture.
- A custom that astonished you
- Someone you did not expect to assist you
- A life lesson you’ve learned
- The nicest birthday celebration you’ve ever attended
- An incident from your school days
- The impact of media on culture
- An encounter that put you in risk
- Your first international travel
- Why is it necessary to understand your culture?
- Food customs in your family
- A friend’s death story
- A journey you will never forget
- A story of learning a new skill (like playing a musical instrument or surfing)
Compare and contrast essay topics
The comparative essay identifies differences between the two subjects and evaluates them. Your readers should feel free to form opinions based on what you have described. Below are some of your topic choices when writing a comparative paper: Find some good comparative essay topics on 5StarEssays.org for impressing students. (Return)
A trip to the museum
When I was little, we loved museums. Even nowadays there is an interesting fascination with historical art and antique objects. This subject works very well during school holidays. It is possible that young people have seen some interesting historical objects in their lives. It’s an interesting topic for students because they can connect their feelings and emotions with their feelings. In your essay, tell your students what it’s been most enjoyable to visit museums.
What will life be like in 2050?
Can you list some of the biggest causes of poverty in America? Is technology an important factor in society’s future? Many young people often think about futures and have the opportunity for imagination. It’s possible that these people can give a view on how the future will look. Then they give you information about your child’s personality. Is there anything positive about the whole thing?
My summer vacation
Generally speaking, it’s a favorite choice of educators everywhere, particularly after school holidays. A younger student can easily write an essay to tell the story of the time spent in school. Perhaps there was time for friends to visit? Many middle and elementary school teachers make writing their task before starting school.
Describe meeting a famous person
We all like celebrities we enjoy meeting. They might be actors, musicians, or athletes. Tell the student what it was like meeting a celebrity. Tell me your impressions? When a student asks their teacher how they can write their essay, they get a good sense of how they meet their idol.
A dog, a cat or a family pet
Some young writers can have trouble writing a comprehensive essay on challenging topics. In such circumstances, it is easier to write about someone you know and who they spend their entire lives with. Sometimes it is a family dog. Cat/pup. They may write it how it is meant.
What are the benefits of homework?
Few middle school kids like homework, but they are good at learning about why school systems use homework as an educational tool. Students are able to comment on the necessity of homework and the reasons for it.
Video game addiction
Many young students play video games frequently, and this can translate into essay topics. Getting into video game gaming can cause anxiety and depression. Ask them about games that they have played.
Is climate change real?
Climate change has been a hot topic for students in middle school, and this article ideas can help. These topics will be useful as the subject for a persuasive or cause / effect essay.
A personal victory or success
Often the students start writing about their feelings of loss. So the two people explain the process of getting off the ground and winning their battles.
A funny childhood memory
High schoolers who can’t write argumentative essays should use a funny story as their first assignment. It must be about engaging stories.
A funny childhood memory
High schoolers who can’t write argumentative essays should use a funny story as their first assignment. It must be about engaging stories.
Research Essay Topics
When writing your dissertation you need to choose your subject for your research project first and foremost. Find a topic with sufficient depth for a whole research paper. List some good topics that can be used in an essay. Want something else? We also cover research papers to make people love your writing. (from left – right)
The COVID-19 epidemic has arrived and we cannot imagine how much impact our lives and daily routines will have. It was certainly a moment nobody would remember and an essay that deals directly with this important subject would be a good idea for many readers. We have a number of good essay ideas here for your academic work.
- What impact has the Coronavirus had on our general health?
- What are the signs and symptoms of Covid-19? What exactly does asymptomatic mean? How can we assist in removing the stigma associated with the virus?
- What is the World Health Organization doing to assist different countries in dealing with the virus?
- How much of the WHO’s presence have different countries felt?
- What impacts does coronavirus have on pregnant women? Can a pregnant lady infected with coronavirus pass it on to her unborn child?
- Why are pregnant women afraid of getting the coronavirus?
- What are the mental health consequences of coronavirus? Will the pandemic result in a rise in mental health problems?
- What does it imply to call the coronavirus pandemic? What other diseases in the past have been dubbed pandemic?
Coronavirus and economy essay topics
- Covid-19 and economy. How has Covid-19 affected the world economy? A look at several countries that have been heavily hit by the virus.
- The Chinese virus. A look at the theories and the myths surrounding Coronavirus. What is the origin of the virus?
- Coping mechanisms. How have different countries coped with the pandemic?
Essay topics for different types of essays
The first steps in writing an essay are selecting the subject. Some people think the teacher should give you an assignment on the subject. But having freedom of thought and creativity is always better. This section provides you with useful topics to start your research. All purchases made on this website are FREE!
Classification Essay Topics
You should be able to decide the perfect topic in this section of my essay. You can also find some interesting topics in the other category papers.
- Bowling has been recognized as an Olympic sport.
- Female athletes on men’s sports teams
- Comic books vs. graphic novels in illustrated chapter books
- Sports rule enforcers: referee vs. umpire vs. official
- Contemporary outdoor sports
- Antiquated/outdated provisions of the United States Constitution
- Protests by teenagers
- Trick-or-treating guidelines for teenagers
- Health insurance covers holistic medicine.
- Bullying is defined as teasing.
- Snacks dubbed “chips” but aren’t actually chips
- Caffeinated beverages classified as energy drinks
- Earbuds are classified as a form of headphones.
- Animated films contain a lot of CGI imagery.
- Reality shows that should be thought of as scripted
- Social media post types
- Meme classifications
- Breakfast foods that are nutritious
- Democratic Party Divisions
- Republican political factions
- Contemporary parenting techniques
- Styles of elementary education
- Effective relaxation techniques
- Gamers of many types
Synthesis Essay Topics
You will be able to choose the best topic for your essay. Please look into other topic-specific essays for specific interest.
- Does the availability of distance education affect the number of college students on campus?
- Should students have the ability to direct their own education?
- What dangers do drones pose to personal privacy?
- Should higher education be provided for free?
- Should K-12 teachers be permitted to carry weapons on campus?
- Is technology a threat to the conventional classroom?
- Do modern computer technologies widen the gap between rich and poor?
- What effect do dress regulations have on pupils’ academic performance?
- Should college athletes be compensated for their efforts?
- Do violent video games influence real-world violence?
- The concept of smart cities and modern technology: How will changes in transportation networks influence cities?
- What effect does class size have on students’ academic performance?
Process Analysis Essay Topics
How do you compose an essay? For a more general overview you should look at some other topics in your analysis essays!
- Method of Obtaining Videos via the Internet
- How Could the Process of Celebrating Divorce Be Organized?
- Making Specific Things Visible in Your Dream
- How to Recycle an Old Pair of Jeans Look stylish.
- Step-by-Step Instruction for Living a Day Like I Do
- Making Your Parents Trust You Despite Past Misfortunes
- Putting on Weird Makeup: How Is This Possible?
- Picnic Preparation in 7 Easy Steps
- Choosing Attractive Clothing for Your First Date
- Preparing a Rare Dish
- Methods for Making Your Neighbors Hate You
- Cleaning a Room in an Hour: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Choosing a Christmas Present for a Loved One
- Explain how people could connect to the internet if they had never done so before.
- What Principles Should Be Used When Learning Something New?
Rhetorical Analysis Essay Topics
You can find many topic ideas for writing an essay on any topic you wish.
- William Shakespeare’s “The Tempest.”
- Examine Edgar Allan Poe’s poem “Raven.”
- “The Last Supper” by Leonardo da Vinci, 1497 “Where the Red Fern Grows” by Wilson Rawls
- Joseph Stiglitz’s The Price of Inequality
- The formula for a happy life
- Prejudice and Pride
- Animal Farm: An Analysis of James Joyce’s Ulysses
- A country of sinners in the hands of an enraged God.
- Percy Bysshe Shelley’s “England in 1819.”
- Obama’s Farewell Address
- Wilson Rawls’ “Where the Red Fern Grows” and One Direction’s “Story of My Life”
- President Trump’s Speech
- The final address of Martin Luther King Jr.
- President Joseph R. Biden’s inaugural address
Illustration Essay Topics
Please check some interesting Illustration Essay Topics.
- Describe how the beauty culture impacts the way girls consider themselves Illustrate the benefits of travelling and understanding diverse cultures
- Describe something you excel at and the actions you take to ensure its quality.
- Explain how a healthy diet can be maintained while eating fast food.
- Describe how our actions affect the environment.
- Describe a living or deceased individual who inspires you and explain why.
- Explain the ethical issues involved in stem cell research and why you believe life after death is a possibility.
- Describe the elements to consider while creating an effective LinkedIn profile.
- Explain why it is feasible for life to exist on other worlds.
- Describe how smoking in public places could be prohibited.
- Describe your favorite vacation place and why you like it.
- Explain why personal branding is vital and why cloning should be prohibited.
- Describe the childrearing issues that parents face today.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of your community’s public transportation system.
- Describe the steps involved in car maintenance.
- Describe the current challenge that youngsters confront.
- Explain why it is necessary for students to confront their teachers in the classroom in a productive and courteous manner.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
It describes what happens in life when something happens in an event. Cause and effect essays are expository essays. Tell me the topic of cause and effect essay? The second part is: Is there a deadline for papers? Is there any reason I should be affected? So we have the right task! See the details below.
- Attachment Theory, Parenting, and Moral Development
- The Media’s Role in Environmental Awareness
- The Library’s Environment and Role
- The Church’s Role in the Development of Policies Promoting Environmental Care
- Computers’ Impact on the Environment and Human Life
- In The Family And In Society, There Is A Gay Father
- Environmental Ecology and Social Science
- The Environmental Impact of Urbanization
- The Impacts of Population Growth on the Environment and Resources
- How An Environmental Sustainability Effort Could Improve Environmental Issues
- The Novel’s Father-Son Relationship In Much Ado About Nothing, Maus Romantic And Family Relationship
- Topic of Mother and Child in the Novel Americanah Essay on the Importance of Technology in Education
- Essay on the Benefits and Drawbacks of Computers
- Self-Image and Parental Alienation in Humans
- The Parental Influence on Child Behavior
- Facebook’s Social Impact on Relationships
- Will Robots Replace Human Employment? Essay on How the Computer Changed the World Essay on the Impact of Computers on Society
Descriptive Essay Topics
A description essay uses sensory information for an object. The book uses a five dimensional sense engagement: smelling, smell, taste, touch. This section lists some descriptive topic ideas. Let me show some good descriptive topics for making an essay. (from bottom)
- I prefer this characteristic in a person.
- In a person, I despise this trait.
- An emotion I hate to feel
- My reaction to a surprise
- What exactly makes me laugh
- How to get my attention
- Why am I afraid to write an essay review?
- Steps to Getting My Children Excited
- My pet gripe about animals
- I have an addiction
- Something I stopped doing
- My experience as a vegan
- What factors effect me as a person?
- My future occupation
- Something I enjoy doing in my leisure time
- My friend’s pastime
- The manner in which my loved ones loosen
- The most effective club
- My ideal job
Controversy Essay Writing Topics for Older Students
Throughout high schools, a student may need to change their essays from informational to convincing. Controversy essay topics will make it easier. They teach students to use analytical thinking techniques and argumentation skills. Below are some of these bills.
How can we reduce climate change?
Climate change affects all lives and lives every single one of them. Sea level are increasing and this means polar bears have less chance of survival. When preparing for an essay on climate change students should examine its causes and how they can decrease them. It requires logic and creativity. This encourages students to formulate their own action plans. Maybe the government would cut carbon emissions in the country and encourage solar electricity, as well as lower the cost of a more efficient appliance.
Is the US election process fair?
The election process is crucial to our daily lives. We have a right to decide who governs the country. Are elections fair in some ways? Your student will have a chance to present his or her ideas, explain changes you want, and explain their impacts for the nation. These essays require specialized research, and students leave with knowledge that may be useful for a career change.
Why should tobacco be banned?
Most people are concerned that cigarettes have health benefits, but it remains an excellent selling product. It is intended that the author explores the benefits of a ban on selling any particular product.
Should every country have a death sentence?
Death sentences are a controversial moral and social dilemma. The essay would discuss whether or not imposing sanctions in countries around the world would be good for criminal justice.
Is homeschooling better than public school?
Home schools are gaining popularity, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of this school choice. This may be attributed to personal experiences if students were homeschooling.
Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
Occasionally a topic has more controversy than others. You may have a hard time convincing people that your opinion is valid, and therefore they’re controversal. However, the task of the writer is to construct arguments that will change the minds of the reader.
An argumentative essay explores an issue in a detailed and persuasive manner. Here are a few great topics for composing a persuasive essay. Picking an important topic helps you write an excellent article. Please visit this blog for an argument essay topic to impress your audience. (from the bottom)
- Is global climate change the result of human activity?
- Is the death penalty legal?
- Is our electoral system fair?
- Is torture ever justified?
- Should males be granted paternity leave at work?
- Are school uniforms useful?
- Is our tax system equitable?
- Curfews: Do they keep teens out of trouble?
- Is cheating out of hand?
- Are we overly reliant on computers?
- Should animals be used in experiments?
- Should cigarette smoking be prohibited?
- Cell phones are they dangerous?
- Are police body cams a violation of privacy?
- Do we live in a disposable society?
- Is child conduct better or worse now than it was previously?
- Should businesses market to children?
- Should the government have a control over what we eat?
- Is access to condoms effective in preventing teen pregnancy?
- Should English be the United States’ official language?
- Should biofuels be mandated in the racing industry?
- Should the legal drinking age be raised or lowered?
- Should recycling be mandatory for everyone?
- Is it permissible for inmates to vote (as some states allow)?
- Is it a good thing that same-sex couples can marry?
- Are there any advantages to attending a single-gender school?
- Is boredom a source of conflict?
- Should schools be in session all year?
- Is religion a cause of war?
- Is it appropriate for the government to offer health care?
- Should abortion be prohibited?
- Are girls overly cruel to one another?
- Is homework bad or beneficial?
- Is the expense of attending college prohibitively expensive?
- Is college admissions becoming too competitive?
- Should euthanasia be prohibited?
- Should the federal government make marijuana usage legal on a broad scale?
- Should the wealthy be obliged to pay higher taxes?
- Should foreign language or physical education be required in schools?
Informative Essay Topics for Students
Essays require depth. It doesn’t take long for people to decide on complex subjects in elementary school. Here are some excellent essay themes for elementary school students.
- Managing college debt
- The most effective methods for locating a college internship.
- The role of a college mental health facility for dyslexic pupils.
- The benefits and drawbacks of community colleges today.
- Why studying abroad might broaden your perspective.
- The advantages of publishing your college research paper.
- How to Deal with Procrastination in College
- College players’ academic and athletic challenges
- Why is college social work more necessary than ever before?
- How can you say “no” to binge drinking as a college student?
- What you need to know about reporting abuse on behalf of instructors.
- The greatest techniques to learn how to properly wash your clothes.
- Yoga and meditation have a long history.
- The cultural context of Mardi Gras.
- Native American Culture Facts We Didn’t Know
- Survival in the wilderness.
- The advantages of being a vegetarian.
- The importance of love and affection in dogs.
- Why do Indians believe in reincarnation?
Expository Essay Topics
Expository essays require a clear explanation of your topic in the eyes of the reader. This list contains some of the more common expository essay topics. From the bottom)
- Explain why some kids are required to quit school when they reach the age of sixteen.
- Explain how teens are affected by migrating from one location to another.
- Explain why having a driver’s license is such a big deal in the lives of so many youngsters.
- Describe the key stressors in the life of teenagers.
- Explain why you enjoy or dislike working in a group.
- Describe some nonmaterial aspects of your happiness.
- Explain why some adolescent suicides occur.
- Describe how music influences your life.
- Explain the social influence of various music genres.
- Explain why kids listen to a specific genre of music.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Older Students
- Should students be required in school to study an instrument?
- Did Game of Thrones’ conclusion fit with the rest of the series?
- Can music be used to cure mental illnesses?
- With the popularity of e-readers, have libraries become obsolete?
- Is the Harry Potter series more popular than it deserves to be?
- Should offensive language in music be labeled as such?
- What is the most effective approach for museums to increase their attendance?
- Should children be able to substitute an art or music lesson for a physical education class at school?
- Are the Kardashians positive or negative role models for children?
- Should those with greater incomes pay more taxes?
Funny Argumentative Essay Topics
Do you need a good argument essay topic? Select a specific theme from the table. ( from top.
- Why should you believe every word in an infomercial?
- Why do people enjoy watching humorous cat videos?
- Why are you not an expert in anything other than gaming?
- Why watching violent videos does not cause brain damage.
- Why smoking is beneficial to your health.
- What your driving instructor didn’t tell you
- What your dog truly believes.
- Why is Walmart your favorite retailer?
- Why do you enjoy it when your computer freezes?
- Why the customer is always wrong.
Good persuasive essay topics
However, persuasive essays are very similar and have important differences: the different types of argumentation they use in defending a position is what makes persuasive essays different. Although an argumentative essay usually uses logic and statistics arguments for its point, persuasive essays are mainly based upon emotional emotion and morality. The two writers’styles addressed similar topics. They are different because their argument is analyzed in the method they use for their argument.
- What should be the penalty for cheating?
- What is the most fascinating subject to study?
- Should homework be assigned?
- How well does your school handle bullying?
- Are school clothing codes a good idea?
- Is the school day excessively long?
- Which is superior: pizza or hot dogs?
- Should children learn to cook for themselves?
- Is it more enjoyable to eat out or at home?
- Which dessert is the best?
The task of writing a persuasive essay is not easy
In order to write a good essay one must have the necessary skills, knowledge and experience. One should be able to develop an argumentative style with the help of examples, statistics and logic as well as be able to design a persuasive argument that can persuade readers. The essay must always be focused on something else other than its own topic.
The Bottom Line
(Keep in mind that many assignments require you to write an essay. It’s important to choose a topic that is relevant and engaging enough for your audience, but still not too broad or too narrow. You might want to choose a topic that has been discussed in lecture or paper. However, you may want to think about how the topic could be extended into a longer piece of writing.
The most important thing when choosing your essay topics is to make sure they are interesting enough for your audience. You can select an area of interest by asking yourself: “What do I love?” If you know what you love, it will make it much easier for you to choose an appropriate topic! Sign up and get essay writing help now!